It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 pm

How To: Get your server on the master list 

Post How To: Get your server on the master list
Hi, I normally don't do walkthrough's as I do this in my spare time...
But after experimenting for a few hours I figured out a way to get your server's on the masterlist this is just a quick run down.

First (assuming you already have your server running on 2.55 and you can connect)
Go ahead and install this: https://escapedturkey.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6131
(Now for me I had problems getting the server to run with out the mp_bin so if the server doesn't launch leave it in etmain)
After its installed make sure you turn off pb, in your custom commands go to: Edit W:Enemy Territory and change the punk buster command from
server_sv_punkbuster="1"
to
server_sv_punkbuster="0"

Now edit your server config (basic.cfg or what ever you named it :) ) and add these lines:
Quote:
set sv_master4 "master0.etmaster.net"
set sv_master5 192.246.40.60:27951

Notes:
The reason i recomend turning off pb is due to the fact that punkbuster no longer supports ET and causes nothing but problems for my servers.

Also make sure that you don't have sv_pb_enable anywhere in your basic.cfg or else pb will launch.

For some reason my server would not show up unless i put the direct ip and port of the master server into it.

Now this is just a quick fix for those who can't get their server listed on the master server. For some reason I think the new master server is only showing certain server types, so I hope this helps someone out.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:03 am

Post Re: Problems with getting server on masterlist?
Thanks for the post!

I have personally noticed that the master list tends to have a mind of its own. Your best bet for getting listed is to add a whole bunch of master list servers into your config.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 am

Post Re: Problems with getting server on masterlist?
trust me :) i have 7 different master servers in my config my clan has been playing this game for almost 10 years :) so the config has expanded and grown over time.

:) i was just trying to help someone else out

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:30 am