It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 am

Downgrade Server CoD 2 1.3 to 1.2 

Post Downgrade Server CoD 2 1.3 to 1.2
I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me by explaining a way to downgrade the server from 1.3 to 1.2 if it is possible.

Thanks,

Jared

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Downgrade Server CoD 2 1.3 to 1.2
Please explain the reason for the downgrade. The most common request for a downgrade is to allow cracked game clients (without cd key) to play on a game server. This is strictly against our policy.

Each user account must not be used to circumvent any sort of official authentication system, provided by the developer and/or publisher, such as those requiring a cd-key, serial #, or other master server queries.

Each user account must not be used to violate the EULA (End Users License Agreement) of any applicable software installed and/or activated.

http://escapedturkey.com/about/policies.html

We always give this speech when someone requests a downgrade to a lower version.

8)

Helpdesk

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:36 am

Well the reason for the downgrade is to get traffic on the server. Seeing as how there is almost 3 thousand servers on 1.3 it makes it hard for players to notice a server and get traffic. And after doing some research on 1.2 version there are not tons of servers and I believe it will help get some traffic on the server. There are more players on 1.2 then on 1.3 and it could help get a server noticed and get some traffic. It would give players another server choice if they decide to try something different.

Jared

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is the reason for the heavier traffic because 'cracked / no cd key' clients can join the version 1.2 servers and not version 1.3?

Helpdesk

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:38 am

That is not the reason for a downgrade. I would like to move to 1.2 because it could give the server a chance to get noticed and get a few players on, we are used to 1.2 version and dont really care for the 1.3 version.

Kinda hard to get noticed on 1.3 because so many servers and players don't really like to sit there and scroll through a long list of servers to find some place to play. Im not moving to 1.2 to get cracked/no cd-key players on. That is not my intention. I want to have the server moved to the version where we feel more comfortable at.

Jared

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:18 am