It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Need help with Rcon password! 

Post Need help with Rcon password!
I dont really understand how to set rconpassword, i thought the password was set when i set up my server, and if it is allready set then how do i long in with it? Becuase when ever i go and type /rcon it says i need to set it and i dont know how.... Confusing! lol

also my friend says there is a control panel for server im not really sure what hes talking about..

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:43 am

Here is how you do it, in you Server.cfg there must be a line which should read like this:
seta rconpassword "yourpassword"

To login as rcon you can do it in the console, which I strongly do not suggest to do it!!!! But if you do it in the console then the line should read:
\rconpassword yourpassword BUT dont ever forget the \ (slash)!!!!!

You can bind it also to any key like this: open your console and type
\bind f12 rconpassword yourpassword

or do as moderator suggest and make a line like this in your jk2mp.cfg:
seta rconpassword "yourpassword"

Good luck

Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:07 am

I've tried logining in but it just says set rconpassword, and i allready did it in server set up...

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:59 pm

You insert you rcon password into the control panel, but that is not setting it. Be sure to also have the line <seta rconpassword "xxx"> in your server.cfg or what ever config file you use. The server config is generally located in your base folder unless you are running a mod. Then it may be in the mod folder.

Read here from the JKA forums. It has some good info from Amidala. The same settings apply to JK2.

http://forums.escapedturkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=3146

Good luck.

Last edited by mykell on Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:42 pm

I've look everywhere in my base folder and mod ive looked everywhere and i cant seem to find server.cfg do i need to download it or something? or do i need to make a folder or text file? or am i just not looking hard enough?

Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:12 pm

It may not be server.cfg. Depending on the MOD it could be something else. In your control panel, towards the bottom, it lists the config file that you server is using. Look for the name in your base or MOD folder.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:55 pm

You will have to forgive me this is my 1st time running a server, lol i dont know what a control panel is, is that the console or is that the usermin?

Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:19 am

Inside usermin. From the main sreen after loggin in, its the second button from the left. Once in there, you will see a bunch of buttons. Choose edit Config 1. When you open it, you should see a bunch of text. Scroll down to the JK2 area.

If you are running mod, it will be list there. Also, there is a line for your RCON password. I do not believe this RCON password has anything to do with setting your actual RCON password. It is more for the server to autorestart.

Now look further towards the end of the JK2 area. You should see two server config lines. This tells the server what to run when it starts. The config file must be in your MOD or base folder to work. Now go look in your base or MOD folder for the file name. Open it in workpad and look for the RCON password line.

Good luck and don't feel bad. We all started out like you. The forums are a strong place to get knowledge.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:26 am

omg i've looked in both my base and mod folder and i still dont see it + ive gone threw almost every folder in jk2 and i still cant find it.....

Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:40 pm

There won't be a server.cfg unless you create one and upload it to the server. The file can be called autoexec.cfg or server.cfg or anything you want as long as you tell the server the name of the file to use.

The config file is where you set everything about your server, not only the rcon password but also the server's name, the gametype, map rotation, weapons and Force powers enabled\disabled, timelimit, fraglimit, etc.

If you have no experience running a Jedi Knight or Quake III server start with my Education Page at http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/

Click on the link in the left column called "Running a Server from Home". The section called "Getting Started" explains all about config files.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:53 pm